Elevator Rides and Other Adventures

So I just returned from my 8th trip to El Salvador in two years. I love going back each time to see the kids at the orphanage CISNA. I always bring back new memories, some good, some sad.

This trip I got to spend a day with Elsa, a friend of mine who also works with CFCI as a full time missionary. We visited all the different places where we would be working when we finally move late this spring. We got to take a handful of girls who are in the English program in a very poor neighborhood to a movie at a nearby mall. They had never been to a movie, and had never been in an elevator! Needless to say we went up and down the elevator quite a few times. I raised my hands like I was on a rollercoaster and I got a few weird looks thrown my way :)

I was also able to spend a lot of time with the boys at CISNA orphanage, which is a state run orphanage where they are able to stay until age 18, and then they are forced to leave, with usually no direction at all as to where to go next. I always feel at home when I spend time with the kids from CISNA. Their smiles and hugs make my day!!

We are so very grateful for all of you who are choosing to join us in this ministry to love these kids and to help provide hope for them for their futures. Thank you from us, thank you from them. We really do feel that we are called to be working in El Salvador and we are excited to finally arrive and to serve full time! We really couldn't do this without all of you so thank you!!




Leave a Response