You are our Barnabas!

So, I admit I am not a world class blogger, but I would like to tell you about what has been on my mind lately and give an update as to where we are in this whole process.

A few months ago, I was reading about Barnabas (meaning “son of encouragement”) from the Bible, and I was really impressed by how he was so humble, and such an encouragement to others. He believed in the goodness of others even when some may not have believed. He even sold all of his goods, and gave it to the church. We recently talked about Barnabas at our church and we were challenged to “be a Barnabas” to others. To look past our own needs, and encourage someone else. As I was thinking about who I could be a “Barnabas” to, I realized how throughout this process I have been on the receiving end of this whole deal! So many of you have been such an encouragement, way beyond words could describe, through word and deed. You have given your time and money and prayers for this great need in El Salvador and we are so encouraged by your generosity. You are truly a blessing. And by being our “Barnabas”, you are allowing us to be an encouragement to those in need in El Salvaor. And the need is great!

We have sent out two letters of support and are now just under $1000 short of our monthly support goal. Thank you to everyone who has given, for getting us this close! We are now working on selling our house and are still hoping to head to El Salvador early summer. Although we cannot go until we have received 100% of our monthly goal we know that God will provide! He is Jehovah Jirah and has always provided. He has brought us this far and we trust in His plan and promises. Thank you to so many of you for joining us on this journey. If you haven’t yet but would like to, let us know! We’d love to have you join with us and would be so grateful for your support!

Leave a Response